VenueFredericton Convention Centre
Fredericton Convention Centre(670 Queen Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C2) is located in the heart of the city by the Saint John River.
- By Car
- Approaching from east (Moncton, Saint John, Halifax) Follow Route #2, Trans Canada Highway. Take exit 294 to merge onto NB-7 N toward NB-8 Fredericton/Miramichi/Mactaquac. Continue onto Vanier Hwy W. Turn right onto Regent St/NB-101 N (signs for Regent Street N/Fredericton centre). Follow into the downtown core, through 7 sets of lights. Turn right onto King St (entrance to attached parking garage will be here on your left) Turn left onto St John St st the lights. Turn left onto Queen St/NB-102 N. Destination will be on the left.
- Approaching from west (Edmundston, Bangor, Maine) Travel on Route #2 Trans Canada Highway. Slight left onto NB-8 N (signs for Fredericton/Miramichi. Take exit 6B for NB-101 N/Regent Street toward Aitken Centre. Merge onto Regent St/NB-101 N. Follow into downtown core, through 8 sets of lights. Turn right onto King St (entrance to attached parking garage will be here on your left) Turn left onto St John St. Turn left onto Queen St/NB-102 N. Destination will be on the left.
- By Air The closest airport is the Fredericton International Airport (YFC). From YFC, Fredericton Convention Centre can be reached in a 15 minute taxi ride.
AccommodationAll rates are subject to availability.
- Crowne Plaza/Lord Beaverbrook Crowne Plaza (659 Queen St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C3) is located across the street from the Fredericton Convention Centre. The special rate for August 25, 26 and 27th is $159 including breakfast. Parking $12 per day on site. Rates based on single or double occupancy. Additional charge per person is $10 per night. Individual cancellations not received by 6pm on the day prior to arrival is subject to a cancellation penalty of 100% of all anticipated charges Cut off date to book is July 26, 2019. Rooms will then be released for general sale. Crowne Plaza Booking Website
- Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Garden Inn (620 Queen St, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C2) has a skywalk to the Fredericton Convention Centre. The special rate for August 25, 26 and 27th is $149 without breakfast and $ 165 including breakfast. Parking $12 per day in nearby garage. Rates based on single or double occupancy. Additional charge per person is $10 per night. Individual cancellations not received by 6pm 2 days prior to arrival is subject to a cancellation penalty of 100% of all anticipated charges. Cut off date to book is July 26, 2019. Rooms will then be released for general sale. Hilton Garden Inn Booking Website
- Check if you need a visa Visitors may need an Electronic Travel Authorization or a Visa to travel to Canada. Some visitors may only need a valid Passport.
- If you require a visa
- The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Special Event Code for this event is: 19ICPS
- Request a letter of invitation to attend the 17th International Conference on Privacy, Security, and Trust (PST) from PST Organizer
- Consult Government of Canada Information on visiting Canada on business Information is available on the IRCC website on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required.
- Check if you need to give biometrics. Depending on your nationality, you may be required to give your biometrics:
- Starting July 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and
- Starting December 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
- Canada does not have a visa office in every country so it is important that delegates visit the website of the visa office responsible for processing their visa applications.
- Check information on the processing time of visa applications at the various visa offices. Participants are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.
|Electronic Applications (e-Apps)||Submission at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) (In person or by mail)|
|This system allows clients to submit applications online.||VACs are commercial service providers authorized by Canada to provide specific services to applicants.|
|Delegates that choose to apply on-line will not have to submit their passport until requested to do so by a visa officer.||VACs provide a number of services to clients, including help applicants fill out forms, answer questions and ensure that applications are complete.|
|The visa office will send the applicant instructions on how and where to send their passports to finalize the visa process.||Reduces unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications.|
|VACs serve as a collection point for applicants required to provide a biometric.|
|VACs send applications to visa offices and transmit decisions to applicants in a secure and confidential manner.|
|VACs do not process visa applications and have no decision-making authority.|